Environmental Test Engineer
We are currently recruiting for two Environmental Test Engineers to be involved with vibration, shock, climatic and radiography testing for our defence client near Southend.
Background with Environmental Testing from a highly regulated environment such as aerospace, defence, automotive or similar.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will have and develop skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments to ensure that systems are safe and suitable for service through delivering critical test and evaluation activities.
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Demonstrate understanding for the safe and correct way to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications and company standards;
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and reviews of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Provide supervision and direction of assigned technicians as required during day to day activities;
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-35;
- An awareness of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing;
- Proficient in one or more areas of Environmental Testing;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry (Desirable)
- Experience of handling hazardous materials (Desirable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- IT competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.