Health, Safety & Environment Advisor
Persimmon Plc require a Group Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Advisor to join their team supporting the North London business for a six month period to cover maternity leave. The role will be based in the Persimmon North London offices in Maidenhead with travel across the Region. You will report directly to the Senior Group HS&E Safety Advisor for the area. Key duties (non-exhaustive), you will:-
- Regularly inspect construction activity on site, ensuring compliance with the Group HS&E Policy and overarching HS&E legislation.
- Prepare a clear report following site visits by accurately recording any non-compliance.
- Ensure that the construction department rectify any non-compliance issues, and escalate issues through the business management chain where appropriate.
- Carry out incident led investigations and report applicable incidents to the Health and Safety Executive under RIDDOR.
- Prepare HS&E reports for the business and attend HS&E working group meetings, and where required business management meetings.
- Prepare health and safely plans.
- Review contactors’ RAMS and monitor contractor compliance.
- Provide HS&E advice, information and training to the business.
You will have as a minimum a NEBOSH National General Certificate and NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction. It would be an advantage to have either completed or working towards additional HS&E qualifications and be a member of IOSH. It is also desirable if you have experience in a similar role in the construction industry, ideally in the housebuilding sector.
You will have a keen eye for detail, a tenacious attitude to compliance and be able to work as part of a team to drive and improve standards.
You will be able to demonstrate:-
- Organisational skills, you will need to be able to manage your own time and meet targets and deadlines.
- Verbal communication skills, you will need to develop strong relationships with all levels of the business from site teams to senior management.
- Written communication skills, you will need to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems.
Competitive Rates of Pay