Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant
We are recruiting for an experienced Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant (or Assistant Manager - depending on experience) to work alongside the site Compliance Manager at our clients hugely successful manufacturing company based just outside of Royston.
This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to gain experience working alongside an experienced professional in a successful company who will invest in training and development to ensure further growth within the organisation is possible, with the ultimate aim to take over the role of EHS manager in a few years. Your role will be to ensure a continued process of improvement in the standards of Health, Safety and Environment management.
The H&S Assistant will be responsible for delivering their own day to day activities and workload with deliverables and timescales agreed with the line manager. To monitor, review and analyse HSE performance and identify appropriate initiatives and differentiators to enable performance improvement across the site.
In this role you will:
• To act as a point of contact to provide support, guidance and advice on any H&S related issues that arise
• Monitor and report on environmental matters
• Assist the Compliance Manager with promoting and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management
• Support the Management Team in ensuring operational compliance
• Promote the continued development of a strong HSE culture within the business. Lead by example and always promote best practices
• Contribute to the delivery of health and safety training as defined by the HSE Training Matrix
• Adopt and implement working practices that are safe and comply with company standards/ current legislation
• Support the direction and guidance provided by the Compliance Manager
• Prepare and maintain records relating to safety, health and environmental matters
• Prepare and deliver presentations, toolbox talks, and conduct inductions for new starters and contractors
• Conduct investigation and review and report data
• Have a personal impact, driving change in the company
• Deal with challenges in the workplace
• Identify workplace hazards and evaluate workplace instructions and practices that may be harmful for employees
• Ensure the employers’ practices comply with legal and workplace regulations
• Assist with the development of an E, H&S management strategy and development in accordance with ISO standards
• Manage and conduct agreed inspection and audit regimes (including DSE assessments) to ensure the effective delivery of agreed strategy
• Assist with delivery of practical risk management procedures and processes
• Development and delivery of H&S related communications and attend meetings
• Preparation of management reports for a variety of stakeholders
• Assist with the management and development of the compliance management system
• Identification of H&S training requirements and delivery of agreed programmes
For more information or to apply please contact Julie.
We aim to get back to all applications. However, if you have not received a response within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities that arise should you not be successful in this role.