Consents & Environment Manager
Opportunity for a Consents & Environment Manager to work with our client who is a major offshore wind developer. This position will be from April 2021 until May 2022.
- To lead on environmental optioneering, assessment and delivery of all necessary statutory consents (including s37, Planning Permission, designated sites and environmental consents) in accordance with company policies and procedures and external statutory regulations.
- Ensure all environmental, legal, and regulatory requirements and obligations are fully incorporated and implemented into each stages of the project lifecycle, from optioneering, through to operations.
- Have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of projects, ideally with a variety of renewable energy projects including on offshore wind farms.
- Be experienced in managing external consultants with associated contractual and budget responsibility.
- Have a strong understanding of the UK environment regulatory and relevant policies related to offshore wind with management experience of the consenting, planning and environment issues at Development Consent Order (DCO), Marine Licensing, Section 36 and Town & Country Planning levels.
- Have experience of interpreting consenting and environmental reports and advice from consultants and stakeholders. Thereafter, preparing internal reports and presenting summaries of key risks and mitigation recommendations.
- Have experience of working on multiple projects, preferably related to offshore wind, through the development process to a positive consent decision, including de-risking of the project and supporting project optimisation.
- Ability to manage change in an evolving environment and maintaining an up to date knowledge of consenting and regulatory processes