Environmental Project Manager
Advantage Resourcing are working closely with a leading energy Oil & Gas company energy producer and supplier to recruit for an Environmental Project Manager to work a contract role for an initial 12 Months contract.
You will support the management of a global portfolio of carbon credit generating projects. You will be working in a rapidly evolving business area, often in challenging regulatory and legal environments, requiring you to be agile and perform well under pressure.
- Support management of the portfolio of Projects globally; track status, communicate progress, forecast (volume and dates), risks (volume and value) and carbon credit invalidation via discussions with projects, consultants, audit firms or carbon standard administrators to the desk and core functions that support the business.
- Track registration, verification and validation of primary projects in line with regulated/voluntary standards
- Provide technical due diligence and risk management expertise to the Originators for current & future projects
- Conduct site visits where appropriate and attend verifications to manage key relationships and to enhance project risk awareness
- Manage relationship with global carbon standards (Verra, UNFCCC, Gold Standard amongst others) and Registries (Markit, Gold Standard).
The Successful Environmental Project Manager:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Forest Management, Environmental Governance or equivalent
- Experience of managing portfolios with accountability for volume forecasts, delivery forecasts and technical risk management
- Carbon accounting including implementing and/or auditing environmental projects, applying program and methodology requirements
- Knowledge of global Emissions Trading Schemes and Voluntary Carbon markets and the fundamental drivers of these. Prior experience of voluntary markets or Carbon standards desirable
- Experience in audit and assurance processes
If you have the relevant skill set and experience for this Environmental Project Manager role, please apply with your up to date CV. Ref 837501
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.