Environmental Services Operative
4 days left
- Full Time
Halton Housing is looking to recruit an Environmental Services Operative to be based in Widnes. This is a full time, permanent role offering a salary of £17,349 - £20,410 per annum.
With 7,000 homes and 330 employees, Halton Housing is a business that prides itself on doing things differently. Forward-thinking and innovative, our customers sit at the heart of everything we do.
As our Environmental Services Operative, you will work as part of a team to undertake grounds maintenance, cleansing and environmental improvement work, ensuring Health and Safety requirements are adhered to. You will need to be proactive in reporting hazards, defects, and repairs to ensure public spaces and properties are kept safe, equipment is maintained and the continuation of service.
Principal Accountabilities of the Environmental Services Operative:
- Undertaking a range of grounds maintenance tasks, litter picking, fly-tipping removal and environmental improvements, ensuring H&S is always adhered to
- Completing First Touch forms as required
- Deputising in the absence of the Environmental Services Team Leader
Knowledge and Skills required from the Environmental Services Operative:
- Experience of undertaking a full range of grounds maintenance activities
- Experience in the use of grounds maintenance equipment
- Awareness of Health and Safety regulations
- The ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and engage positively with customers and staff
- Full driving licence
- NVQ Level 2 Amenity Horticulture
- NPTC Unit PA1 – Safe Use of Pesticides
- NPTC Unit PA6 – Use of Handheld Applicator
- NPTC Unit CS30.1, CS30.2/0020-30 Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- Competency in the use of Microsoft suite
It’s exciting times at Halton… come and be a part of it!
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Environmental Services Operative, click ‘Apply’ now.
Closing date: Monday 22nd February 2021, 8pm