Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for a Permanent Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor for our client who are a global manufacturer of innovative treatment systems.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, you will inspect and assess the environment, equipment, and process in the work areas.
As an Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor your duties will be:
- Record the main EH&S performance indicators at European level and present the facts and preventive/corrective actions during the monthly meeting.
- Organize, coordinate, and monitor internal and external audits in matters of environment and safety. Advise management plants to maintain ISO 14001 certificate and pass the Global Safety Standard of CCC.
- Assist department heads in their safety meetings. Advise management on worker training.
- Lead the investigation after any incident, accident or near miss and report in the Incident report database. Analyse the causes to define the prevention countermeasures. - Lead the investigation of any environmental discrepancies in terms of emissions, waste, pollution, and spills. Report the findings in the incident report database and define the countermeasures.
- Establish new contracts with subcontractors for environmental matters (GHG/CO2 emissions, analyses, measurements, waste management, etc.) and monitor contractors, including auditing + reporting in Supplier Evaluation Report data base Lotus Notes.
- Carry out and regularly update all the risk assessments of the 3 factories. analyse the risks (determine the appropriate preventive measures). Use, supervise, and track the subcontractors or the consultant to ensure progress is made. Issue a monthly activity report Create, update, assess and audit safety and environmental procedures, considering legal requirements. - Verify and improve the working environment by inspecting the equipment and the installation regarding safety & housekeeping, measurements of noise, dust, and air quality. Make sure that all new equipment meets company and legal safety requirements.
An ideal Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor will hold the following skills and experiences:
- NEBOS/IBOSH qualified and significant experience
- A team player who has an engaging style and directing only when necessary
- Calm, patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical, and regulatory information.
- Ideal but not essential- Member of a professional body such as the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety