Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
We are looking for candidates who have around 2 years’ experience of managing processes within a health and safety setting within a manufacturing environment. This role is not a people management role and therefore your management experience will be that of being responsible for managing processes and procedures. You will lead and coordinate the EHS activity across all functions at our client’s site in Cambridge, whilst also being responsible remotely for 2 other micro sites in the UK. Due to this there will be a minimal amount of annual travel required within the UK on ad-hoc occasions.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: up to £40,000 + OTE 10% of salary bonus!
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – completely flexible - start times could be between 7am and 9am
Benefits: Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in bonus, Private Health Insurance, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, pension.
Please Note: It is essential for this role that you have worked within a manufacturing, industrial or engineering setting previously. Candidates without relevant industry experience will not be progressed.
- Leading site EHS activity and developing best in class safety culture and environmental awareness.
- Managing, maintaining, and developing EHS procedures and standards
- Ensuring UK/EU EHS regulatory requirements are achieved.
- Providing guidance and support to 2 x micro sites within the UK
- Conducting EHS audits within your region
- Implementing an EHS Development path objectives and initiatives
- Developing a mindset of safety prevention within the local business
- Promoting near miss and hazard identification
- Producing safety and environmental KPI’s
- Presenting local performance internally and to the wider business
- Establishing the Intelex data platform for reporting, managing incident and risk assessment activity
- Being an active partner in NPI process (New Product Introduction)
- Acting in an advisory capacity to establish safe working practices from day one.
Knowledge and Experience:
- NEBOSH certified in the Management of Health and Safety at Work.
- Track record of managing EHS in a comparable sized Manufacturing or Industrial Facility.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Relevant experience of developing and implementing EHS policies and procedures.
- Currently up to date on UK Health and Safety legislation and Workplace regulations.
- Practical experience and understanding of COSHH, REACH, DSEAR and PUWER regulations
- Working experience of Compliance Management for CE, RoSH and AOR directives (Desirable)
- Working experience of SAP and Intelex EHS Management software (Desirable)
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.