Principal Environmental Project Manager (PEPM)
We are looking to recruit an experienced environmental professional to join our National Environmental Assessment & Sustainability (NEAS) team. You will ensure technical environmental input and assurance to the programme within one of 6 geographical Units in England. Working at a programme level, you will maintain an overview of environmental risk and opportunity across the programme. Importantly, you will ensure that the programme is legally compliant from an environmental perspective and champion the identification and delivery of environmental improvements for people and wildlife. With Sustainability being central to future flood risk management work, you will implement a Sustainability Plan for the Unit. You will oversee the technical environmental skills across the Unit and through coordination and delivery of training, ensure that NEAS staff have the necessary capabilities.
NEAS oversee the effective management of environmental risk on our Flood Risk Management projects and identify and deliver environmental enhancements that leave a better place. You will play an important role in helping the Agency reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes by 2021. Your contribution will be key to ensuring that flood protection projects are delivered with full attention to environmental impacts and ensuring relevant environmental consents to help deliver positive outcomes.
• You are likely to be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline.
• You will have significant relevant experience and perhaps a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
• You will have great communication skills and have the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
• Programme and Project Management skills will be advantageous.
• We will support you in progressing within your chosen professional institute.
Contact and additional information
• You will need to hold a full UK driving licence. The role requires some travel and overnight stays.
• More information about the role and application process can be found in the candidate pack.
• If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com or on 07771624262, or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Environment Agency will not normally refund interview expenses for candidates who are invited to interview although may do so in exceptional circumstances.
• Interviews to be held in the fortnight commencing 7th October 2019.
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
15/09/2019, 23:55 hours
Level of security checks required
Sets and delivers high work standards, demonstrates the drive to meet targets. Prioritises and organises tasks and resources to ensure timely achievement of results.
Applies a knowledge of statutory environmental and technical requirements to protect both the Environment Agency and the environment.
Appreciates the impact that activities have on the environment and identifies ways to protect and preserve the environment for the future and limit negative environmental impact.
Role specific license requirements
Full UK driving licence.