Operational Unit Manager (OUM)
We are looking to recruit an experienced operational environmental manager to join our National Environmental Assessment & Sustainability (NEAS) team. You will oversee the management of a geographical unit and will have direct line management of a Team Leader and a Principal Environmental Project Manager. Indirectly you will lead a team of between 6 and 12. You will be the Single Point of Contact for NEAS within the Unit. The role will be critical in providing senior leadership to the NEAS team and developing and maintaining relationships with other leaders across the Unit. You will work within the recently formed Collaborative Delivery Team (CDT) to set the sustainability aspirations for the Unit, ensure that the necessary resources are secured and oversee the performance of both NEAS staff and our suppliers. You will oversee expenditure and income and make interventions to ensure that targets are met. As a member of the NEAS Leadership Team, you will play a key role in shaping NEAS for the future and will lead on a number of national priority workstreams.
NEAS oversee the effective management of environmental risk on our Flood Risk Management projects and identify and deliver environmental enhancements that leave a better place. You will play an important role in helping the Agency reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes by 2021. Your contribution will be key to ensuring that flood protection projects are delivered with full attention to environmental impacts and ensuring relevant environmental consents to help deliver positive outcomes.
• It is likely that you will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline but this is not essential if can offer good experience and a proven track record of management
• You will have great communication skills and have the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
• Programme and Project Management skills will be advantageous.
• We will support you in progressing within your chosen professional institute.
Contact and additional information
• You will need to hold a full UK driving licence. The role requires some travel and overnight stays.
• More information about the role and application process can be found in the candidate pack.
• If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07771624262 or email@example.com
• The Environment Agency will not normally refund interview expenses for candidates who are invited to interview although may do so in exceptional circumstances.
• Please make it clear which location you are applying for.
• Interviews to be held in the fortnight commencing 7th October 2019.
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
15/09/2019, 23:55 hours
Level of security checks required
Provides leadership that inspires and motivates others to achieve their personal goals and the goals of the Environment Agency.
Leads the Organisation
Takes personal responsibility for the implementation of changes and programmes that are crucial to the success of the Environment Agency.
Makes sure team members have the skills, knowledge and experience to successfully carry out their current role and to develop into future roles.
Delivers Results Through Others
Harnesses the team to deliver results on time, to required standards and in line with organisational processes and procedures.
Role specific license requirements
Full UK driving licence.