Interim Environmental Health Officer – Food Safety
6 days left
- Full Time
What's involved with this role:
The role will be working from home but onsite visits will be required. The Council are looking for an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer to undertake Food Premises inspections, revisits and reactive food work. Some COVID-19 related work may also be required. To be considered you must have a degree or diploma in Environmental Health or a Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection and will be EHRB registered. You must be able to demonstrate to demonstrate how you are capable of meeting the competencies relating to Inspection of Food Establishments and have at least 10 hours of Food Core CPD as specified in the current version of the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Professional qualification in Environmental Health (degree or diploma), with certificate of registration from EHORB
- Worked in an Environmental Health Team and has gained experience of working in a regulatory setting both in terms of food hygiene and safety and/or health and safety
- Working experience of Infectious disease control.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public, business and external organisations delivering excellent customer service.
- Previous management experience, including managing staff and complex cases - desirable
- Experience in licensing, nuisance, pest control, or drainage - desirable
- Previous experience of undertaking prosecutions including preparing witness statements and appearing in court
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Food safety and Hygiene, Health and Safety at Work, Infectious disease control, and skin piercing licensing.
- Good working knowledge of current Environmental Health Legislation with the ability to apply to real life scenarios.
- Knowledge of Nutrition and Healthy Eating initiatives - desirable
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
N If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: Nuneaton 5159716
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates. We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.