Environmental Consultant, Home Based, South of England with UK travel
The S2 partnership provides specialist safety and environmental risk management services to the commercial real estate sector. Since 1999, our growing team now offers market-leading software and consultancy, not only in the UK but also internationally, helping our clients manage safety and environmental risk. We take great pride in fostering long term business relationships with FTSE 100 property investors, managers, insurers and occupiers. The S2 Partnership is now widely regarded as the market leading, independent provider in this sector.
We are seeking a home-based Environmental Consultant, located in the South West, to join our expanding and highly successful consultancy team. The focus of this role is to provide environmental consultancy services to our clients in the commercial sector.
The work will mainly involve attending sites across the South East of the UK with further opportunities to extend this service provision within Europe and further afield if desired. Part of the week will be site-based and part at home working on reports and assisting clients; diaries are pre-planned in advance to support and assist work life balance.
The post can be on the basis of full or part-time i.e. 3 or 4 days per week.
Competencies and Experience
You will have:
- Knowledge of environmental legislation in the UK relating to the built environment
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the environmental field
- Proven technical ability
- Good report writing, IT and communication skills
- Experience in carrying out or preparing for ISO 14001 Audits
- Experience with the Carbon Risk Real Estate Monitor tool (CRREM) or similar
- Sustainability Assessments
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Pollution Incident Response Plans
- Professional membership with a recognised environmental body such as IEMA
Why choose us
With S2 you'll be able to develop your skills surrounded by industry experts, who will be on hand to help advise, support and encourage your ongoing development. Our team have always been our most valued asset and employee well-being is extremely important to us and as such, we’re committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse working environment.
In return for commitment, positivity and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package including a highly competitive salary, car allowance, 26 days annual leave, profit related bonus scheme, medical insurance, pension fund contributions, group life insurance and employees benefit platform (Lifeworks).