Environmental Sustainability Manager
Environmental Sustainability Manager
London - Bishops Square
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Sustainability Manager to join our London office to manage and develop the current UK Environmental Management System (EMS) providing subject matter expertise and operational advice to relevant client groups. The role will enable the significant shift of focus of our response to climate change now expected of the Firm by our staff and our clients. The post will strengthen our ability to articulate the need for the necessary environmental improvements, to deliver these improvements across the global network and subsequently to maintain the new processes required if the Firm is to meet its environmental targets in the medium to long term.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage routine data management and reporting for the UK EMS, including monthly updates, ad-hoc reports and long-term trends.
- Manage and close out UK EMS non-conformities, and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
- Manage the global carbon footprinting initiative in order to track environmental performance and trends.
- Respond to routine Bid & Marketing requests for data and information.
- Maintain the environmental sustainability intranet and internet.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management and recycling.
- Audit, analyse and report on UK environmental performance to internal and external client and regulatory bodies.
- Manage the Firm’s UK ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) systems, procedures, and certification for ISO14001.
- Undertake general research as required and produce reports or supporting material in order to address the management of UK environmental sustainability risk within the Firm.
- Monitor and maintain environmental training arrangements (e.g. waste management, F-Gas, induction and staff awareness.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the Firm, of the contribution environmental sustainability makes to the success of the Firm.
- Deputise for the Global Health, Safety and Environment Senior Manager as appropriate.
- A collaborative approach to working across functional boundaries
- Will have worked successfully as an environmental practitioner in a regulatory, corporate, professional services or consultancy environment
- Experience in operational management.
- Experience in the management and development of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- Excellent understanding and application of UK environmental law
- Excellent data management, analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability work effectively at a wide range of seniority
- Experience of undertaking internal audit
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in an environmental science
- Associate or Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment or equivalent
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety would be an advantage
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.