National Sustainability Performance Advisor
We are looking to recruit an experienced environmental professional to join our National Environmental Assessment & Sustainability (NEAS) team. The National Sustainability Performance Advisor role will be essential in enabling the delivery of an effective new structure for NEAS, in order to respond to our new supplier arrangements which went live on 1st April 2019. The role will help ensure that nationally consistent approaches are adopted in the 6 geographical Units in England, and influence the national Portfolio Management Office (PMO) in an effective manner. The post will be instrumental in setting the national direction and aspiration with regard to Sustainability, carbon reduction and environmental risk management on the whole.
NEAS oversee the effective management of environmental risk on our Flood Risk Management projects and identify and deliver environmental enhancements that leave a better place. You will play an important role in helping the Agency reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes by 2021. Your contribution will be key to ensuring that flood protection projects are delivered with full attention to environmental impacts and ensuring relevant environmental consents to help deliver positive outcomes.
• You are likely to be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline.
• You will have significant relevant experience and perhaps a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
• You will have great communication skills and have the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
• Programme and Project Management skills will be advantageous.
• We will support you in progressing within your chosen professional institute.
Contact and additional information
• You will need to hold a full UK driving licence.
• The role requires some travel and overnight stays.
• More information about the role and application process can be found in the candidate pack.
• If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
• Interviews to be held in the fortnight commencing 7th October 2019.
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
15/09/2019, 23:55 hours
Level of security checks required
Sets and delivers high work standards, demonstrates the drive to meet targets. Prioritises and organises tasks and resources to ensure timely achievement of results.
Applies a knowledge of statutory environmental and technical requirements to protect both the Environment Agency and the environment.
Appreciates the impact that activities have on the environment and identifies ways to protect and preserve the environment for the future and limit negative environmental impact.
Role specific license requirements
Full UK driving licence.