£33,000 + substantial pension and benefits
North – Catterick DL9 3LR;
Central - Whittington, Lichfield WS14 9PY;
South – Westdown Camp, Tilshead SP3 4RS.
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
This is an exciting time for DIO and Technical Services, as the Sustainability and Environmental teams expand to respond to the challenges of Net Zero Carbon, embedding Climate Resilience, and delivering Social Value through our procurements. Sustainability and the Environment carry a high profile in the organisation, and we have a key role in delivering the new MOD Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy and the revised Greening Government targets.
Working as a Sustainability Manager, the post holder will be at the forefront of sustainability, driving delivery and innovation. The role will be challenging and comes with a diverse portfolio of tasks and a wide range of stakeholders to engage with and influence. It offers an exciting and unique opportunity to improve DIO’s corporate sustainability management, and the processes that support development and management of the varied and heavily designated defence estate.
As a DIO Sustainability Manager in this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Research the options and make a proposal for a DIO Sustainability Management System or information hub.
- This would draw together the threads of DIO’s Sustainability commitments, from policy and targets to guidance and processes, risk and assurance mechanisms, training and communications and performance reporting. Options may range from expanding existing DIO Safety, Health and Environmental Management systems, information hubs on Sharepoint, systems used in other branches of MOD as well as externally sourced or bespoke Management System models.
Develop or commission, then maintain the chosen Management System.
- This would involve updating it in light of changes in policy or legislation, processes, reporting requirements or risk profiles
Co-ordinate DIO Sustainability data reporting and communications.
- This would include working with internal information management teams on appropriate data platforms for a wide range of performance metrics, and working with corporate communications teams on strategies and awareness materials to improve the flow of sustainability requirements and successes
Improve the identification and management of sustainability risks.
- Working with Technical Services and DIO risk management frameworks and drawing information across the different subject topics and across corporate processes, projects and sites.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Louise Allan
Telephone: 07967 786943
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 31 January 2021.