Principal Sustainability Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Principal Sustainability Manager
£53,500 + substantial pension and benefits
North – Catterick, North Yorkshire, DL9 3LR;
Central - Whittington, Lichfield WS14 9PY;
South – Westdown Camp, Salisbury, Tilshead SP3 4RS.
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
This is an exciting time for DIO and Technical Services, as the Sustainability and Environment teams expand to respond to the challenges of Net Zero Carbon, embedding Climate Resilience, and delivering Social Value through our procurements. Sustainability and Environment carries a high profile in the organisation, and we have a key role in delivering the new MOD Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy and the revised Greening Government targets.
Working as a Principal Sustainability Manager, the post holder and their team will be at the forefront of sustainability driving delivery and innovation across the estate. This role will be challenging and comes with a diverse portfolio of tasks as MOD baselines its natural capital and sets out its road map to net zero carbon and climate resilience. This is an exciting time to be working for DIO.
The MOD Estate includes MOD Barracks, Airfields, Naval Bases and a vast training estate that extend from the deep marine environment, through dune systems and across the UK to the mountainous forests and moorlands of Scotland and Northern Ireland. This post offers an exciting and unique opportunity to manage a team supporting development and management of this varied and heavily designated estate.
The post holder will be accountable to Deputy Head of Technical Services for the delivery of Sustainability functions and will be responsible for leading their team, ensuring adherence to all agreed MOD processes and operating procedures. The post holder will be required to work collaboratively with all parts of the organisation and to facilitate appropriate DIO and customer interfaces.
The Principal Sustainability Manager will provide advice to the Deputy Head of Technical Services on sustainability matters. The post holder will provide independent assurance and report performance to the Deputy Head of Technical Services on those matters related to the Sustainability specialist subject areas, these include:
Leadership and Management of the Sustainability Team
- Accountable for delivery of agreed Sustainability outputs.
- Accountable for ensuing team is appropriately staffed with the right skills to deliver.
Develop, Maintain and Promulgate Sustainability Policy
- Responsible for resourcing formal requests to support sustainability policy development.
Assurance and Performance Reporting
- Provide independent assurance and report performance that sustainability legislation and policies are being fully complied with.
Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Develop and oversee relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external to MOD, to ensure DIO influences and anticipates future sustainability requirements.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Paul Wilson
Telephone: Mob: 07584 556912
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 24 January 2021.