Senior Environmental Adviser
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Environmental Adviser
£40,000 + substantial pension and benefits
North – Catterick DL9 3LR;
Central - Whittington, Lichfield WS14 9PY;
South – Westdown Camp, Tilshead SP3 4RS.
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
This is an exciting time for DIO and Technical Services, as the Sustainability and Environment teams expand to respond to the challenges of Net Zero Carbon, embedding Climate Resilience, and delivering Social Value through our procurements. Sustainability and Environment carries a high profile in the organisation, and we have a key role in delivering the new MOD Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy and the revised Greening Government targets.
Working as a Senior Environmental Adviser, the post holder and their team will be at the forefront of sustainability driving delivery and innovation. The role will be challenging and comes with a diverse portfolio of tasks, as MOD launches its new national estate management contracts and sets out its road map to net zero carbon and climate resilience. This is an exciting time to be working for DIO.
The MOD Estate includes MOD Barracks, Airfields, Naval Bases and their associated back door training areas that extend from the deep marine environment, through dune systems and across the UK to the mountainous forests and moorlands of Scotland and Northern Ireland. This post offers an exciting and unique opportunity for you and your team supporting development and management of this varied and heavily designated estate.
The post holder will be accountable to the Environmental Planning Assistant Head for the delivery of independent advice, guidance and outputs related to management of the environmental and socio-economic aspects of the MOD UK Built Estate, Accommodation, Volunteer Estate and Major Projects and other relevant programmes, in adherence to all agreed MOD processes and operating procedures.
The post holder will individually and through their team provide independent advice and assurance and report performance to the Environmental Planning Assistant Head on those matters related to the role’s specialist subject areas, these include:
Leadership and Management
- Manage the team to deliver agreed outputs.
- Coordinate the provision of environmental and sustainability advice.
Audit and Assurance
- Manage environmental audits for the delivery of contracts and specific projects and provide reports.
Policy and Guidance Development
- Manage input to the development and update of environmental and sustainability policy and guidance.
Parliamentary and Communications Enquiries
- Oversee technical support to inform Parliamentary communications and enquiries.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Giles Rowe
Telephone: Mob: 07715 296071
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 24 January 2021.