£33,000 + substantial pension and benefits
Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, DL9 3LR
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
This is an exciting time for DIO and Technical Services, as the Sustainability and Environment teams expand to respond to the challenges of Net Zero Carbon, embedding Climate Resilience, and delivering Social Value through our procurements. Sustainability and Environment carries a high profile in the organisation, and we have a key role in delivering the new MOD Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy and the revised Greening Government targets.
This post will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to apply their technical knowledge and skills on a wide range of Defence projects. Projects including the introduction of new military equipment (recent e.g. F35 Lightning, Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers and Ajax fighting vehicles); new and replacement military infrastructure and accommodation projects UK wide and overseas (recent e.g. include reconstruction of a naval oil fuel depot, works to docks and piers, garrison redevelopment and disposal projects, solar farm developments).
Work will fall into 4 broad categories: plan or programme level work, project level work, policy and guidance and team management. The proportion of time required to be spent in each category will depend on the progress of MOD initiatives, requirements and priorities.
Plan or programme level work
- Advise Provision of high level environmental and sustainability advice and support e.g. on SEA, EIA and MOD/DIO/Government poilcy requirements.
- Act as environmental focal point for programmes or sub-programmes to facilitate and coordinate inputs from DIO/MOD specialists.
- Assist with procurement and management of consultancy services.
Project level work
- Provision of environmental and sustainability advice and support. Primarily focussing on EIA and related environmental and consenting matters.
- Where capacity allows prepare and submit EIA documents (e.g. EIA screening requests).
Policy and Guidance
- Contribute to reviews and drafting of MOD/DIO policy and guidance documents.
- Work as a collaborative and supportive team member to deliver MOD/DIO requirements. At full strength EPT currently has only 3 team members and mutual support to share workloads, discuss issues, share knowledge and experience etc. is essential to deal with peaks and troughs in team/individual workloads and address project requirements.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: Pension Scheme
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Mark Sanderson
Telephone: 07747 461421
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 31 January 2021.