Geo-Environmental Engineer / Consultant
Our client is a highly respected multi-discipline Environmental and Geo-Environmental company with national coverage. Due to continued growth they are keen to source suitably qualified Geo-environmental consultant engineer for their Leeds office.
You will deliver geo-environmental advice and solutions on a variety of construction and associated projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
• Up to date practical geo-environmental knowledge and skills
• Have site experience
• Be able to interpret clients requirements and relay that back in reports, tenders, conceptual models and site walk arounds
• Understand fully UK geographical and environmental conditions
• Carry out risk assessments including mine, land contamination sources, subsidence and foundations
• Be able to use Holebase or similar soil logging software
• Sampling and testing
• Have an understanding of current construction methods in relation to clients site/project use ie piles, platforms, earthworks etc
• Have the ability to read and interpret geographical date and maps
The role will involve you managing and overseeing a portfolio of projects from initial consultation to completion and take a high level consultative approach to each and every project. You will also work on team projects of varying size and complexity.
The company pride themselves on promotion from within and actively encourage all staff to undertake continual CPD. The company also encourage you to work towards chartered status.
This is a permanent position and SITE STAFF will be acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment on behalf of our client.
Keywords: geotechnical, environmental, Geo-environmental