Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector.
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector or Enforcement Officer on a 4 months contract with a possibility of an extension.
Main purpose of post
This legislation is enforced by authorised officers in the Licensing & Regulatory Service. The service is already extremely busy ensuring compliance with the existing national Coronavirus Regulations and supporting local track, trace and isolate. There is insufficient capacity with the existing resource to provide the additional work required under the new Tier 3 restrictions.
- To undertake all Covid 19 related work within the Council.
- To assess compliance with Coronavirus and health and safety legislation within commercial businesses.
- To provide advice and guidance within a range of commercial businesses.
- To undertake both informal interventions and formal interventions within businesses in the City to seek compliance with Coronavirus and health and safety legislation. This may include giving advice, the service of statutory notices, and the gathering of evidence and production of witness statements for formal proceedings.
- To undertake and assist in the investigation of health and safety complaints and COVID-19 cases/outbreaks.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Experience within health and saftey.
- 5 gcses at grade A-c.