Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager HSE EHS
Our client is an international manufacturing organisation, with multiple sites across the UK. This position is focused upon their manufacturing facility close to the Glossop area, in which you will be responsible for all Health, Safety and Environmental HSE requirements across their large-scale manufacturing plant.
Within this position you will take responsibility for both the strategic development and pragmatic application of Health, Safety & Environmental ( HSE / EHS ) processes and systems, by influencing and engaging with key stakeholders across the business from operations and site leadership teams, through to production operative level.
The role is focused around the delivery of the company wide HSE / EHS strategy ensuring legislative requirements are met, whilst developing Health, Safety, and Environmental culture. Helping to create and make policy that is lived and breathed within the organisation through systematic and strategic cultural change, engaging with teams and key stakeholders to work collaboratively in developing pragmatic HSE / EHS solutions, embedding a culture of ownership across the organisation, by winning hearts and minds.
What's on offer:
- The opportunity to join an international market leading manufacturing organisation
- Single site position based close to Glossop with wider company support also available
- Accredited training opportunities and continuous development
- Package: Circa £44k per annum, plus
- Life Assurance, Contributory Pension, 33 days holiday, health scheme
* Experience of managing and setting Health, Safety and Environmental strategy within a manufacturing, or engineering environment.
* The ability to switch between working strategically and tactically, at times providing hands on support in the delivery of Health & Safety activities, including Environmental permit compliance and audit preparation
* Strong H&S knowledge and Environmental knowledge supported with Nebosh certificate, or equivalent in H & S or Environmental management
* Experience of developing, implementing, and continuously improving management systems, whilst analysing and reporting trends in line with ISO accreditation requirements - e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
* Experience of developing implementation and improving plans for the whole suite of Health and Safety activities, whilst working closely with the wider business across the UK
* Environmental HSE / EHS experience 14001
* Full UK driving license