Landmarc, a world leading provider of integrated support services to the military are currently looking to recruit a Sustainability Advisor.
As the Sustainability Advisor you will support the Sustainability Manager in implementing the Sustainability Strategy and delivery of relevant contract requirements, you will work with operational teams in three areas of the UK (South East, East and North) and provide detailed but succinct advice on a range of sustainability topics.
The role will offer significant development and give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved and help develop Landmarc’s Sustainability Team whilst building excellent relationships in and out of the business to help drive our sustainability division forward. We are looking for an innovative and driven individual that will have a positive impact on the business, this role would ideally suit someone working at IEMA Practitioner level.
What you can do:
- Proven technical background in environmental and sustainability management
- Confident of UK legislation and best practice across a range of environmental areas, especially waste
- Good data analysis skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience of projects/construction an advantage
- Ability to understand customer requirements and propose realistic solutions
- Ability to operate with commercial awareness both at strategic and advisory levels
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Collaborative worker with good negotiating and customer care skills; able to interact at all levels
- Good level of computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office and excellent Excel skills
- Ability to understand and interpret budgets and contract requirements and technical reports
- Communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and engaging way
- Ability to create and develop policies and procedures
- Data gathering, interpretation and analysis skills
Qualifications and requirements:
- Knowledge of sustainability and management either through an environmental degree or related subject
- Membership of professional body (e.g. IEMA/CIWM) – ideally at a minimum of Practitioner level
- Knowledge of the legislation surrounding sustainability, environmental, energy and waste management
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems and Environmental Management systems
- Experience of auditing and auditing systems
- Happy to travel extensively across three areas of the UK, (South East, East and North)
- Full UK driving licence
This is a Head Office role, but it will provide support to the South East, East and North regions of the UK so there may be some flexibility in the location for the right candidate, with attendance at the Wiltshire Head Office when required and an element of remote working.
The role comes with an excellent package of a company car or car allowance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase 10 more days! All professional fees (relevant to the role) reimbursed and the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most amazing sites.