Environmental Consultancy Operations Manager
Environmental Consultancy Operations Manager Location: Wokingham UK
Due to a reorganisation of the SOCOTEC UK Consultancy business management structure and plans for additional growth, a new vacancy has been created for an Environmental Consultancy Operations Manager covering the southern region and based in our offices near Wokingham.
The scope of the Consultancy business includes Land Quality, Waste Management, Environmental Permitting, Environmental Monitoring, Air Quality, provision of on-site laboratories and other environmental consultancy.
About the role:
As an Operations Manager for the Consultancy South business unit, you will take P&L, line management and project delivery responsibilities for the existing team operating out of two SOCOTEC offices and have a brief to extend and grow the business. You will work closely with the Operations Manager for the northern region and the Operations Director.
Key elements of the role include:
- Full P&L and Line Management responsibilities.
- Development and management of the ongoing operations and performance of the business unit.
- Ensuring safe operations, delivery of budgets, technical accuracy, commercial control and compliance with company policies.
- Providing senior leadership and client liaison as required for successful project delivery and securing of new business.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities and working with the Consultancy sales team to secure new business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior consultant with a good project and team leadership track record to join a well-established and successful consultancy team within a leading Environment and Safety and testing business.
You must have:
- A degree, and preferably a higher degree in a relevant discipline.
- Environmental Consultancy experience.
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- A high level of experience and ability in your own technical discipline.
- Well-developed IT abilities.
The role is due to commence in January 2021 and first interviews will be held online. SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer.