Principal Environmental Management and EIA Consultant
We invite you to bring your business development, analytical and management skills into play as part of contributing to innovative and high quality environmental and sustainability solutions across a range of transport infrastructure led projects. Ramboll’s involvement in these projects ranges from early stage feasibility, through EIA and consenting, to supporting construction of schemes. To succeed in this role you must have demonstrable experience in successfully leading or contributing (depending on the level) environmental input to complex transport infrastructure projects.
Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport Infrastructure EIA department
Working as part of our Impact Assessment department, you will be part of our dynamic team working to support the successful delivery of development and infrastructure projects across the UK. We have a strong nationwide presence and are flexible in terms of location, with opportunities to join us in Birmingham, London, Chester, Manchester or Southampton. Our work covers a wide range of skills and offers opportunities across a range of projects and disciplines, coordinating environmental management at the pre-planning, planning and construction stages. Examples of current projects include various projects for Highways England, High Speed 2 and a range of key regional highway schemes.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be (note that will vary according to grade):
- Working collaboratively with environmental and engineering specialists to improve the environmental performance of some of the UK’s most important new infrastructure projects
- Working within a team of talented environmental consultants, currently delivering vital work for Highways England, HS2, local authorities as well as many other large-scale projects across the UK
- Assessing environmental impacts and identifying mitigation measures to deliver environmental benefits
- Coordination of environmental specialists undertaking environmental surveys, assessments and design activities
- Report writing and approvals, including input to multi-disciplinary deliverables, presenting data and monitoring progress
- Supporting tendering and business development activities within the transport infrastructure sector
- Working with colleagues and supporting project managers in both environmental and design teams
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of the UK environmental regulatory framework and how this is applied to the transport infrastructure sector. By the nature of environmental co-ordination, the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail, as well as good administrative skills.
Your starting point for constant growth
For This Role, We Believe Your Starting Point Is
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company.
- An understanding of environmental issues associated with transport infrastructure
- A passion to improve the environmental performance of infrastructure projects
- Ability to prioritise environmental tasks and manage and analyse environmental data
- Strong and efficient report writing skills
- Numerically competent
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) to present data, prepare reports, figures and project programmes
- Appropriate Degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or other related discipline
- Masters Degree in a related environmental discipline (desirable but not essential)
- Chartered Environmentalist, Scientist or Engineer (desirable but not essential)
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision. An excellent communicator and able to work dynamically across different teams and offices.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How To Apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.