EHS Advisor - Manufacturing
We exclusively represent a multinational manufacturer in the search for an accomplished Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to help implement, support and advise on all HSE projects and programmes on a diverse, technically complex and high hazard manufacturing facility based in North Wales.
This progressive manufacturer seeks to recruit a qualified and technically competent HSE Advisor to support the site in continuous improvement, to develop and sustain ‘world class’ levels of HSE behaviours and culture, providing expertise in best practice and compliance around HSE, behavioural safety and well-being.
This person will work closely with the HSE Manager to implement the SHE strategy for this flagship manufacturing facility, promote behavioural safety initiatives, implement, audit and develop procedures and standards, provide consistent incident analysis and reporting and carry out root cause investigation of all incidents and near misses to ensure corrective action every time.
- Formally qualified in a safety related discipline – BSc, MSc, NEBOSH or equivalent
- Trained auditor ISO or BSI and experienced in auditing to 18001 and 14001 standards
- Significant experience specialising in EHS, preferably within a ‘high risk’ manufacturing environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong safety culture, and good evidence of a modern and progressive approach to SHE
- Can quote strong examples of enhancing safety culture
- Experience in a DSEAR environment
- Experience in process safety management (PSM) – process hazard analysis (PHA) is highly advantageous
- Previous experience is root cause problem solving and leading root cause analysis investigations with multifunctional teams
- Sound knowledge of all current UK Health and Safety
- Ability to enthuse and engage others on all things Health and Safety related
- Excellent IT and report writing/presentation skills
We seek a modern thinking HSE professional with a manufacturing background, who is looking to help take a business from good to great.
Results focused, a strong problem solver with excellent attention to detail, well developed communication and influencing skills, and able to work collaboratively with other functions both locally and internationally.
This is a superb opportunity to join a business which is responsive to and embracing of world class SHE initiatives.
Please note that previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential to this client
Competitive package to include company bonus, generous pension contribution and healthcare benefits
Please send CVs stating current salary and location for immediate review.