Senior Environmental Advisor
6 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20 year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
As a Senior Environmental Advisor you will:
- Set and maintain standards of safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) practice and deliver relevant awareness training to internal staff and contractors as appropriate in accordance with Morgan Sindall and customer requirements, with a particular focus on environment
- Ensure SHEQ procedures are regularly developed to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Promote individual awareness of the importance of SHEQ and to create an environment that generates automatically, a high focus on health and SQE awareness
- Provide advice and support management teams, employees and those working with us supporting 100% SAFE and our total commitment to a sustainable business
- Carry out appropriate monitoring at work locations
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and professional bodies
- Ensure compliance with Morgan Sindall SHEQ management system and associated arrangements
- Compile and analyse local SHEQ statistical information and support the development of action and improvement plans
- Carry out environmental training in line with Morgan Sindall requirements and employee needs
- Maintain professional development regarding legislation, technology and industry best practices
Already experienced as a Senior Environmental Advisor you will hold an appropriate Health and Safety / Environmental qualification – AIEMA (Environment).
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.