3 days left
- Full Time
Stopford have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to join the team, at our Head office in Ellesmere Port.
Stopford is an international energy and environmental engineering company, our professional services span Consultancy, Technology & Innovation and Project Management. We are an industry leader with a portfolio spanning research and development through to design and commissioning of process technology. With a worldwide clientele in emerging and existing industries. We provide expert consulting to our partners, supporting them in their drive toward a sustainable low carbon economy.
You will be based at our Head Office in Ellesmere Port with occasional travel to our subsidiary offices in Lancaster and Alderley Park (Macclesfield)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as an Environmental Consultant and work with highly skilled professionals who are constantly striving to deliver excellence and best practice.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
The Environmental Consultant is responsible for providing environmental expertise within Stopford. They will have experience in preparing environmental reports and other deliverables to support planning and environmental permit applications and will have experience of liaising with the competent authority. Experience in planning, dispersion modelling and waste incineration would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Lead Environmental Consultant, the person in this position will work closely with all disciplines and externally with Stopford’s clients, as well as third parties (e.g. contractors working for and on behalf of Stopford).
- Provide environmental expertise to Stopford’s customers. Produce accurate and appropriate technical documentation (e.g. reports and calculations), ensuring that written and verbal communication with clients is always professional. Provide advice on Environmental issues as requested by in-house engineering design teams on specific projects.
- Support the preparation of Stopford proposals to clients – including preparing manhour estimates for consultancy services and writing proposals for environmental studies. Support the Business Development team in the completion of environmental pre-qualification submissions.
- Take responsibility for developing a high level of environmental expertise within Stopford. Maintain up to date knowledge and professional competence in the environmental field to include legislative requirements and industry practice.
- Develop and own and communicate in-house environmental guides and standards. As part of this role, they will provide coaching and development of other members of staff in the area of Environmental services.
- Ensure that environmental services delivered to Stopford’s clients are fit-for-purpose and maintained at a high standard, in accordance with the Integrated Management System.
- Act as a Project Manager on minor projects within their area of expertise where business needs dictate. Supervise junior members of staff, including students.
- Demonstrate flexibility and customer focus and perform any other tasks within the overall scope of environmental consultancy, which may be reasonable required to ensure the efficient operation of the company.
- University educated with a degree in Environmental Engineering/Sciences
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Engage with staff across the company
- Good attention to detail – able to work in a methodical manner and deal with complexity
- Proficient in scheduling and planning
Please note we do not accept applications from agencies, and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and quote job reference SBATSTOP22
If we think you have got potential, we’ll be in touch within 10 working days.