Carbon and Energy Auditor
6 days left
- Full Time
Carbon and Energy Auditor - (Fixed term to 30/06/2023) - This post is part funded by the ERDF
The Carbon and Energy Auditor is responsible for the delivery of onsite Carbon Footprint Assessments to Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Lancashire, to identify opportunities to reduce CO2e emissions.
This will involve the identification of opportunities to reduce the overall carbon footprint via improved energy performance, reduced energy wastage, identification of potential areas where low carbon technology can be installed, and to identify opportunities where waste and water savings can be made.
The role requires a detailed knowledge of the underpinning principles of carbon reduction and energy efficiency, and mechanisms of how to achieve waste and water savings in SMEs across a broad range of sectors.
The role requires strong business engagement skills and the ability to identify and foster opportunities to engage with new SMEs and introduce them to the Making Carbon Work (MaCaW) programme.
The successful candidate will not only have a detailed understanding of how to conduct energy/carbon and environmental audits but will also have the ability to communicate and present savings to SMEs succinctly within a formal technical report and directly face to face.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To meet the objectives of the Centre’s projects in collaboration with the project team and relevant external partners.
- To deliver onsite Carbon Footprint Assessments to SMEs and calculation of the annual carbon saving (CO2e), kWh savings and cost (£) savings of identified opportunities.
- To maintain and regularly update appropriate records of activities, participate in management meetings and liaise regularly with other Project Team members.
- To assist the Project Manager and Business Engagement Officer in the recruitment of appropriate SMEs to the project through engagement in networking events, liaison with stakeholders and Boost Business Lancashire.
- To support the Business Engagement Officer with identification of SMEs to be targeted in the project, the organisation of recruitment events and workshops and support the audit / diagnostic process.
- To act as a link between the Project Team and external businesses.
- To provide information and advice to SMEs whilst being pro-active on customer care.
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager or Director of the Centre for Waste Management.
- Experience of operating in an environmental consultancy capacity to businesses.
- Experience of conducting energy audits in a consultancy capacity
- Experience of working on an ERDF project with environmental outputs.
- Experience of undertaking waste and water audits within businesses.
- A broad range of experience in environmental management, including EMS (Environmental Management Systems) such as ISO 14001, ISO 14064 or ISO 9001.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in energy, waste, environmental management or related discipline(s).
- Relevant professional or postgraduate qualification in an environmental discipline.
- Professional membership of relevant environmental organisation (e.g. The Energy Institute, IEMA, CIWM).
- Professional certification (e.g. Non-Domestic Energy Assessor, BREEAM Assessor, accredited Low Carbon Consultant).
Skills / Abilities
- Working knowledge of energy management diagnostics in businesses.
- Proven ability to carry out audits (energy, waste or environmental).
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying CO2e opportunities and calculation of savings opportunities.
- Proven ability to write formal energy, carbon or environmental reports.
- Ability to work to deadlines and time pressures within a professional environment.
- Working knowledge of waste and environmental management diagnostics in businesses.
- Experience of establishing strong and lasting relationships with businesses across the spectrum of a diverse client portfolio.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders at senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to liaise with, work professionally with and communicate effectively to people at all levels.
- Full driving licence
- An understanding of and demonstrable commitment to the University’s Values of Common Sense, Compassion, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Trust as a framework for decisions, actions and behaviours
- Good presentation skills.
- Flexibility in approach to work.
Apply for Carbon and Energy Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly