Senior Sustainability Consultant
Acclaro Advisory is a small, agile and specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of environmental and social business solutions. We have a network of clients ranging from multinational corporations and medium sized businesses, to government bodies and NGOs. We specialise in four key topics of sustainability: Energy management, zero carbon business strategy, responsible business management and social value creation.
We operate in a fast-moving environment and the company is set to expand. We work in partnership with our clients and advise them on their strategic direction to manage their environmental and social impacts, from the compliance and risk level through to developing a leading strategy that can help build a sustainable future.
We are based in our Wokingham office, near Reading, but offer a very flexible work approach especially in light of the current global circumstances. While we do operate remotely, we are a small team and do require a small element of office touch time to build teamwork and progress projects when needed.Hard work is rewarded to motivated individuals with fast career progression, client contact and industry exposure. Employees can learn from our specialist team of consultants with a wide range of industry experience.
Acclaro prides itself on creating long lasting relationships with clients and delivering excellence in our work. We expect the candidate to live up to the company values and adopt the culture of the workplace. To show us that you have read this job description throughout, please include Acclaro’s company values (found on our website) in your cover letter.
The Role and the Individual we are looking for
We are looking for an individual who has broad knowledge in sustainability, with at least 5 years working within the industry delivering either in-house sustainability consultancy services, or for an NGO that operates within the environmental and/or social sustainability space.
They will have experience in delivering and/or managing a range of corporate reporting requirements such as GRI, CDP, EcoVadis and other investor ratings agencies for large businesses.
The individual should have a personable manner that will allow them to conduct Responsible business assessments for businesses (for example through internal or independent audits), while also building strong working relationships with them.They will feel confident in discussing how sustainability should be managed and embedded through a range of company departments while also requesting evidence, being inquisitive and identifying gaps in how an organisation manages their approach. We must stress that we do not conduct the tick box comply or non-comply audits in the strict sense of the term; instead, we are seeking a personable individual who is able to understand root causes, discuss issues and offer solutions against various frameworks.The candidate will then have the confidence to use findings to develop strategies and projects in order to guide and improve the client’s sustainability performance.
We are also looking for an individual that is able to work in a small business environment, which involves rolling their sleeves up, mucking in, and helping the business progress by working on small internal projects that provide structure to the company.
- Project manage a corporate reporting programme in under the guidance of a Project Director
- Be able to interpret results of corporate reporting frameworks and use the information to identify strategic improvements and projects
- Project manage a programme of responsible business assessments for multiple organisations
- Conduct responsible business audits with large businesses across different levels of a business – including corporate governance, embedded sustainability corporate culture, supply chain risk and building operations. Businesses will be in the Facilities Management industry and will expand into other industries.
- Produce audit reports, and engage with the business to provide feedback and guidance to help improve their sustainability performance
- Project manage small sustainability projects and internal business projects.
- Seek and identify new opportunities for Acclaro’s services.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working on sustainability projects as a consultant or as an in-house corporate sustainability professional
- Strong technical skills in environmental and social management, excellent English oral and written skills, excellent presentation skills
- A working knowledge and experience of completing a range of sustainability reporting requirements.
- Ability to assess and evaluate sustainability initiatives, strategies, programmes and culture.
- Ability to perform highly on numerous projects and deliver them to time and budget
- Experience in project managing numerous client-facing projects, sometimes with conflicting deadlines
- A proven track record of developing business relationships and proposals for new projects.
- Experience working with the Facilities management industry (Desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in sustainability, energy, carbon, environment etc (as a desirable bonus).
- A good understanding of marketing services and past experience of developing/inputting into company brand (Desirable)
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must have working rights in the UK. Those without will not be considered.
To apply for this roll, please send your CV and a cover letter that explains why you think you are the right fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing deadline for applications is the 12th October 2020.
Apply for Senior Sustainability Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly