Sustainable Business Sales & Relationship Coordinator
Terms & Conditions
- Permanent, full time (37 hours pw)
- Occasionally out of hours working may be required We operate a flexi-time system.
- We are open to flexible working proposals such as compressed hours, reduced hours, job share
BUSINESS UNIT: Sustainable Business Services
- Permanent base: Trafford Ecology Park, Trafford Park.
- Working with clients based predominantly in Greater Manchester.
- Hot-desking facilities available at our offices in Rochdale and Ashton-Under-Lyne.
Groundwork is looking to consolidate and grow its Sustainable Business Consultancy offer and is recruiting for a passionate Sales & Relationship Coordinator to join the team. As a not for profit organisation and registered charity, our mission is to create a greener, more resilient city region, with stronger, healthier communities, responsible businesses and enhanced prospects for all local people. Our sustainable business services team provide a number of commercial services to businesses that help their compliance, resilience and social value needs, in turn this helps us to achieve our objectives, with any surpluses reinvested into community projects. From our base in Trafford Park we work with businesses across Greater Manchester, from the smallest SME through to multinational organisations.
The Sustainable Business Sales and Relationship Coordinator will work with the Assistant Executive Director, Marketing & Sales Manager and Sustainable Business Services Manager to develop, deliver and sell a dynamic range of ‘sustainable business services’ initially in Greater Manchester, but also in line with our growth plans which extend across the North of England. In this new role the postholder will develop new relationships with a wide range of commercial businesses and ensure existing business relationships are maintained and built on. These collaborative partnerships will deliver practical and innovative solutions to support businesses to reduce environmental impact and maximise community benefit.
If you share our vision and are passionate to develop your experience and career with Groundwork then we would love to hear from you.
ROLE & MAIN PURPOSES OF THE POST
- To establish, develop and maintain our B2B relationships
- To develop a sales pipeline for our sustainable business services
- To account manage our Green Business Membership scheme
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, plan and implement a sales strategy for Groundwork’s sustainable business services
- Develop and manage the B2B sales pipeline with the support of the Marketing & Sales Manager
- Achieve agreed B2B lead generation targets
- Manage and develop our Green Business Membership scheme to retain and grow membership YOY; ensuring all members benefit from excellent account management, coordinating membership newsletters and supporting members to access our full range of services
- Maintain understanding of local market for sustainable business sales opportunities and use this insight to support product development, including a review of our Green Business Membership Scheme. Our product and service experts will support this work.
- Act as the “first point of contact” for all new business enquiries, co-ordinating project programming as required
- Act as a business ambassador for the Trust, representing the trust at relevant events, meetings and forums
- Build on and maintain our excellent track record and reputation, ensuring our services are developed and delivered to highest standard.
- Support the development of tenders, proposals and bids bringing market insight and intelligence to the process
- Support Managers with regional and national sustainable business service development and growth plans
General requirements of the role:
- Project management – report on progress against targets on a monthly basis – financial and milestones/outcomes.
- To work closely with Development and Marketing colleagues to ensure the highest levels of profile are achieved
- Ensure compliance with the Trust’s policies / procedures and with insurance and statutory requirements, particularly health and safety, the Children’s Act and equal opportunities
- Protecting organisation's value by keeping information confidential and ensuring all personal data held within your remit is held in accordance with GDPR
- Attend regular team meetings/supervision and undertake personal development as agreed.
- Carrying out other duties which are broadly consistent with the job description and level of the post as required
- A proven track record in sales and reaching targets
- Min 3 years account management and / or sales experience in a B2B environment
- An ability to understand and interpret a complex and broad range of sustainability services designed for our business audience
- An understanding of the commercial environment within which charities operate, and of the relationship between charities’ commercial and charitable work
- Working knowledge (within a sales or marketing environment) of sustainable business services. This may include some or all of sustainability, social value, resource efficiency, environmental auditing and management systems, quality management systems, health and safety systems and support, legislation and compliance services, accreditation and membership services
- Experience of supporting the development of products and services in a consultancy or other commercial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills within a sales environment
- Good knowledge and experience of using CRM systems
- Experience of working within a quality driven environment
- Self motivated and flexible
- A commitment to Groundwork’s mission and our ethos and values
- Business related degree and/or relevant work based qualifications or qualifications from bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM) or the Managing and Marketing Sales Association (MAMSA).
- Proven track record of managing, sustaining and growing a corporate membership scheme
- Awareness of the political, social and economic context within Greater Manchester and how this might drive sustainable business opportunities
- Able to work outside normal working hours on occasion and where necessary to perform your duties. The Trust has a Time Off In Lieu system in place
- Preferably UK driving licence and access to vehicle
- Proficient in MS Office suite