Environmental & Chemical Compliance Specialist
Acre is pleased to be working with the sustainability function of a well-known British retailer to deliver a new Environmental and Chemical Compliance Specialist. This role will manage all chemical compliance requirements across the textile business, support buying teams with technical guidance and engage with external sustainability initiatives like ZHC, Higg Index and Changing Markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a top brand and their suppliers to measure and improve environmental sustainability performance. Your chemical and environmental expertise will ensure that compliance issues are resolved, and innovative new methods and technologies are adopted.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing product environmental and chemical legislation; working with relevant teams to ensure issues are resolved and policies such as REACH are adhered to
- Keeping abreast of technology trends in materials, fabrics and the like and then feeding this back into product development processes
- Providing specialist technical knowledge as needed across the textile business and sharing knowledge and training throughout the company and its suppliers
- Managing engagement with external initiatives like ZHDC and Higg Index, and external stakeholders such as Changing Markets
- Acting as a business ambassador both internally and externally for sustainability and the environment and promoting positive engagement around these topics
This position sits within a function dedicated to creating long-term sustainable business value and setting a leading example for the rest of the industry. You'll enjoy a demanding role which involves both technical application and engaging with buyers, designers, NGOs and media.
To succeed, you'll need:
- Technical expertise in chemical compliance and relevant environmental legislation
- Good understanding of and competence in textile- and leather-related chemistry and wet processing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage positively and relay information effectively
- Demonstrable track record of creativity and innovating strategically, for example through interpreting customer data to shape thinking
If you're excited by the opportunity to join a leading brand and to further your own development and expertise within a driven and ambitious team, don't hesitate - apply now!