Safety and Environmental Manager
Direct hire position for an experienced Safety and Environmental Manager for a growing company in Marion! This is a family owned company that is a national manufacturer of custom made fire trucks and emergency vehicles.
Safety and Environmental Manager Duties :
- Provides technical support to all personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations
- Coordinates with Human Resource Director to monitor lost-time injuries / illnesses and worker’s compensation claims
- Investigate injury / illness and non-injury incidents, document and follow up as necessary
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs
- Support corporate / plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards
- Supports plan personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Coordinates and participates in company safety and wellness committees
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal / state occupational safety and health regulations
Safety and Environmental Manager Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Risk Management preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Solid to Advanced level computer skills including experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and HRIS programs.