Safety Environmental Engineer
We seek a Safety & Environmental Engineer to work for a naval and marine business servicing both military and commercial customers with high technology sonar & towed array products. We would ideally like to see strong Safety Engineering candidates ideally but not necessarily from the Aerospace or Defence domain. Safety engineering in the primary requirement environmental engineering is secondary.
We need a person with a proven ability in;
- The production of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with Defence Standard 00-55 and Defence Standard 00-56 or equivalent, and in accordance with the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS), Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS) and Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS).
- Undertaking Hazard Analysis including Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOPS), Structured What-If Technique (SWIFT), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Goal Structure Notation.
- Hazard management and hazard log tools.
- Knowledge and Use of Safety Databases eg E-Cassandra.
- Undertaking Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping (EISS) studies, Environmental Features Matrix (EFM) and the Environmental Impact Management (EIM).
- Software and data safety analysis including Safety Integrity Levels in accordance with IEC 61508 or equivalent.
- Carrying out technical reviews of safety and environmental output produced by other members of the team or by subcontractors.
- Managing the safety and environmental work packages across a number of projects to ensure the safety and environmental deliverables are delivered to time, budget and cost.
- Awareness of reliability engineering.
- Managing and reporting of safety and environmental tasks.
- Support bidding activity by providing estimated costs and timescales for safety and environmental activities.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)